YARD POSITION PART TIME
Self Serve Belding
Position Title: Store: Yard Man Department: Retail Store
Position Reports To: Store Management
Responsible for processing, checking, verifying, and inventorying materials received. Coordinates materials and finished goods storage and inventory levels with production personnel. Moves materials and finished goods to appropriate storage areas. Processes and ships finished goods. Ensures that shipping and receiving functions are completed in accordance with Company standards and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for the effective completion of inventory functions.
a. Processes materials received.
b. Checks, verifies and tags materials. Checks receipts for proper quantities and item numbers.
c. Forwards necessary information to area personnel.
d. Conducts inventories of materials and finished goods. Ensures that all goods are appropriately packaged and labeled before storage.
e. Moves materials and finished goods to production or storage areas. Restocks shelves as needed.
f. Identifies, shipping errors or discrepancies. Reports damaged or delayed goods to store management.
2. Assumes responsibility for the effective and timely completion of shipping functions.
a. Prepares finished goods shipments.
b. Ensures that outgoing orders and shipments are complete and correct.
d. Identifies, shipping errors and problems.
3. Assumes responsibility for ensuring that shipping and receiving functions are completed in accordance with Company policies, procedures, and standards.
a. Follows safety and quality standards.
b. Meets deadlines
c. Operates a Forklift
4. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining good communication, coordination and working relations with Company personnel and store management.
a. Coordinates with production to ensure proper product storage and inventory levels.. Completes documents, reports, and records accurately and timely.
c. Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns. Identifies problems and provides suggestions.
d. Attends meetings as required.
5. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
a. Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
b. Completes special projects as assigned.
1. All materials received are processed timely and in accordance with schedules.
2. Materials received are properly checked, moved, and put away promptly.
3. Orders are received and put away as scheduled.
4. Reports and records are accurate and timely.
5. Good coordination and communication exist with production and quality control personnel. Assistance is provided as needed
6. Shipping and receiving functions are completed in accordance with established policies and procedures and with Company quality and safety standards.
7. Management is appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant concerns.
Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent.
Required Knowledge: Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures and standards.
Understanding of related computer applications.
Experience Required: Shipping, receiving, and inventory control experience helpful.
Skills/Abilities: Well organized and attentive to detail.
Able to coordinate well with others.
Able to operate forklift and handcart.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
STOOPING: Bending downward and forward at the waist. Requires full use of lower extremities and back muscles.
REACHING: Extending hand (s) and arm (s) in any direction.
WALKING: Especially for long distances
LIFTING: Use of upper body and back muscles to lift objects.
FINGER DEXTERITY: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
TALKING: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
AVERAGE HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Medium work; exerts up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and 10 lbs. constantly.